Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bane Philippine Tour May 19 2010, Sta Rosa City Laguna



Photo by Keith Dador



Photo by Keith Dador



Photo by Keith Dador





2010 had been a remarkable year in our local hardcore scene. Why? foreign bands like First Blood, Alcatraz, Ruiner, Out of Step (Germany), Testament (although it is not a DIY show, it still kicks ass), Warbringer and so on, had graced our land to reach out their dedicated fans worldwide. But for me, the most anticipated was the Bane Philippine tour, held last May 19, 2010. To think, seeing Bane live would be impossible, knowing their extensive touring around US, they still manage to make a South East Asian tour, thanks to all the people who extended their support to make this happen. Bane has become one of the most anticipated hardcore bands in the late 90’s to early 2000’s along with their contemporaries like Indecision, Reach the Sky and One King Down. Up to this moment, many loyal fans still looked up and hold on to them. My first Bane encounter was when I was in early college, a friend handed me a copy of Hellfest 2000 video plus a copy of Bane – It All Comes down to this as far as I remember, even though I wasn’t that much of a Bane fan, I look up high on them because of their passion and sincerity to what they are doing. They wouldn’t go this far if it wasn’t because of that. Sincerity and dedication is what keeps the ball rollin. Seeing them live brought me goose bumps and that’s for sure, I bet for some kids too. There wasn’t a bad Bane show as far as I knew according to what I saw on some videos and reviews and I was right. Bane lineup features Aaron Bedard, Aaron Dalbec (Converge), Brendan “Stu” Maguire( Reach the Sky) and session drummer Nate Manning (later I recognized that he was a Cruel hand guitarist, shame on me! I barely recognized him). The show was a blast. The funny thing is when Dexter (8 Oz)and I were hanging around the corner after their set, Dext was holding his old Bane shirt to have it autographed by Stu, when Stu grabbed his shirt he turned up on Dext and said “Oh, I remember this show, this was Ten Yard Fight’s last show, We played with Reach the Sky, In My Eyes and Fastbreak!” and we were like ”Fuck, It’s like my dream show”. Bane opened another book in our history, and im glad I was a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment